We are all extremely proud to be celebrating our first year in music! So many great artists, so many great accomplishments! And to celebrate, we are hosting a party/concert at our beloved ‘home turf’ Gerrard Art Space, this Friday, November 17th at 8:30pm … Please join us, and all Eastside artists for a great musical celebration!
There really is a lot for us to celebrate! Here are some highlights of our first year’s accomplishments:
- November 2016:
- Eastside Confectionery Records is born! The Bop Fi’s, Eric & The Soo, Andrew James Barker, The Del Fi’s and Craig Lindsay Robertson immediately join!
- The Bop Fi’s release “Don’t Lose Your Beauty” The debut release from the Bop Fi’s and the very first Eastside Confectionery Records release!
- Nov 30, 2016: Eric & The Soo release debut album “Small Town Dreamer”
- January 2017
- “Low Moon” by Andrew James Barker is released at Gerrard Art Space, which becomes our de facto headquarters for Eastside Confectionery Records events, and boy do we love the fine folks at Gerrard Art Space!
- The Del Fi’s re-release their debut album “Crowd Pleaser” on Eastside Confectionery Records
- We kicked off the very first episode of our monthly “Eastside Confectionery Records” podcast!
- February 2017
- “Family Name” by Craig Lindsay Robertson is re-released on Eastside Confectionery Records
- Our second showcase features the debut performance of the Craig Robertson Band, and the very first live performance by the Bop Fi’s!
- March 2017
- Eric & The Soo release their two-side single “Out Of The Blue” backed with the live off the floor ‘jam’ Cool Mornings
- May 2017
- Jason Kenemy joins the label and we host our third (and loudest) showcase featuring Eric & The Soo and The Del Fi’s
- June 2017
- We celebrate the launch of “Induction” by Jason Kenemy with a transcendent live performance of the album at Gerrard Art Space
- July 2017
- Gypsy-jazz quintet iSpy joins the Eastside family, and launches the beautifully crafted EP “The Art Of You”
- Legacy act Sin City Boys join the label and plans are put in motion to celebrate their 25 years of success and rock n’ roll magic right here in Toronto!
- August 2017
- The hottest week of the summer sees the Eric & The Soo crew head into the studio at Tim Bovaconti’s “Tim’s Garage” to commence work on the recording of their follow up to “Small Town Dreamer” (due 2018)
- September 2017
- iSpy headline their first Eastside showcase at Gerrard Art Space to much fanfare … what an amazing performance!
- This same event sees an intimate performance and the release of “Fall and Timbre” by traditional folk artist Margaret Christl
- October 2017
- Craig Lindsay Robertson and band head into the studio to work with Mike Timmins (of the Cowboy Junkies) on the creation Craig’s third album (due 2018)
- Andrew James Barker releases another beautiful album, this one is called “Gunslinger”. It’s a moving instrumental journey inspired by characters and events from the Stephen King novel of the same name. The album includes watercolor artwork painted by Andrew himself. The CD release party was a smashing success and even included a showing of the vast body of artwork created by Andrew in preparation for (and inspired by) the Gunslinger album.
- November 2017
- We come full circle, and as we prepare to celebrate back at our home turf “Gerrard Art Space”, we are excited to announce the release of “Eastside Confectionery Records Greatest Vol. 1 (2017)” which includes selections from each of our artists with a focus on this past year’s releases!
These CD’s will be available at Friday’s show; featuring 16 songs from our family of 8 artists for the amazing price of just $10!
Order your copy today for just $12 ($10 + $2 S&H)!
Eastside Confectionery Records Vol. 1 (2017)
1. The Bop Fi’s – Just The Night Birds; 2. Eric & The Soo – My Hometown; 3. Andrew James Barker – Low Moon; 4. The Del Fi’s – Brigitte Bardot; 5. Craig Lindsay Robertson – Caledonia Rain; 6. Jason Kenemy – Static/Love Is Real; 7. iSpy – Aujourd’hui; 8. The Sin City Boys – Standing In The Rain; 9. The Bop Fi’s – The Piano Went Frantic; 10. Eric & The Soo – Out Of The Blue; 11. Andrew James Barker – Roland Deschain; 12. The Del Fi’s – Tabletop Jukebox; 13. Craig Lindsay Robertson – Hanging On; 14. Jason Kenemy – Upon Hearing; 15. iSpy – Fog & Dust; 16. The Sin City Boys – Oh! Sir Reginald